318 E Fairmount Ave #316, Lakewood, NY 14750, USA
1.3

A week ago I went to Master Cuts in the Chautauqua Mall to have my hair colored dark purple. All seemed well until I got home & the color immediately began to wash out (I didn’t wash my hair for 2 days after the appointment to avoid any wash out).

I only wash my hair with salon shampoo free of sulfates. I contacted the stylist to have her look at my hair & see what was up. She “made” me an appointment for a consultation. Today I get there & she isn’t there bc she got stuck in the snow - I totally understand this as snow is a big problem this time of year in WNY.

However, I took the day off of work to be there & no one so much as called me to let me know the stylist (Nicole) wouldn’t be there. Then the stylist that was there informed me that I was never written down in the book & she had no idea I even had any kind of appointment... contacted Nicole later on in the day & was told that she never had my number (which is a lie bc I provided it the first time I had my hair colored), she denied having not put me on the schedule then told me vivid colors don’t last long... less than a week???

I paid almost $100 for color! I could’ve just went to Walmart & bought a box of dye for $10 & done it myself! I’m extremely disappointed & upset that I wasted my money!!! Never again!!!

Worst experience ever!!! The pic below is what dark purple hair is supposed to look like after a week?

Product or Service Mentioned: Mastercuts Hair Coloring.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I have also gone to Walmart for my hair color (now going to Walgreens since Walmart doesn't carry that brand anymore) and for about $10 also, I do my own color of purple. I don't bleach it and my natural color is very dark but what I use just gives it a cool shade without looking like cotton candy gone wild, LOL.I do have a friend who is a licensed hair stylist and he cuts my hair at either my house or his house.Glad you were able to do it yourself.

Purple should be true to the color, obviously the stylist did not do it correctly. Unless it is a temporary color, it should last more than a week.