MasterCuts melted 8" of my hair off & destroyed the integrity of what's left.
Went in for highlights and low lights at my local Bellingham, Washington, MasterCuts.Courtney B.
did my hair. After first coloring my entire head brown for the low lights she went back in with 21 foils & then placed me under the hair dryer. After doing several register transactions and other things, she then to my dismay, left the establishment. Coming back with lunch & then going in to the back room to eat it while continued to sit developing.
Several hours after the first foil had been placed she began removing them - some having sat on my head for over 3 hours. I am not even exaggerating - I got there at 10:30 11 am and was in bleach foils for OVER 3 hours. By which time my hair was falling out in handfuls. At first she tried to angle me so I couldn't see in the mirror that there were large clumps that were coming off in her hands as she was combing my hair.
A strange silence befell the other beautician and the other customers as she did this. Once I saw what was happening I just about cried. I exclaimed that my hair was falling out, lifting one of my locks that rested over my breast bone & it coming off in my hand. She said, "No your hair is fine." I said, "This is not fine, this is very bad.
You know it and I know it." She continued to deny anything was wrong with my hair. Even though clearly she had over processed it. When it came time to leave, she didn't once apologize for what she had done or even attempt to try to help me make it better or acknowledge that she had so severely damaged my hair. Upon getting home my scalp was on fire so I gently washed my head with plain water, too scared to use anything which would make more hair fall out.
After which the bleached hair continued to disintegrate having a spongy, plasticy, silk on an ear of corn texture - which broke just as easy just from being touched. I would not recommend going there. I went back today, the day after all this happened, to see the manager Alyssa who was out yesterday while I was having my hair done. I showed her the melted hair clumps that I had placed in a plastic container, the pictures I had taken of me while I was getting my hair done, the 8 inches that are now gone, the shirt I was wearing with bleach burns down the back.
Told her about the chemical burns on my head and showed her the remaining extremely fried hair. She trivialized all of this saying what I had left was okay, that the color looked good and that if I wanted her to - she would give me a trim or a bottle of conditioner. I paid $100 to her associate who literally melted off my hair, and the manager doesn't offer me a refund, or to even replace my burnt shirt. To blame the client for the beautician's mistake is so incredibly wrong.
So seriously frustrated and the receipt says, "We guarantee your satisfaction with all services." I am very dissatisfied.I am currently attempting to reach out to their corporate office, unfortunately, as of yet, having seen no resolution, apology or anything.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hair Care Service
- Review category
- Beauty Centers and Spas
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On Sunday, October 9th I went to the Regis Salon at the Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood, Washington. I had a 1pm appointment with a stylist named Roberta. I brought a..."
- "Gave it a couple years, and tried again. My other daughter has never had an issue. But my youngest has long straight hair. The only short part is her bangs...which..."
- "All I can say is WOW!!! I've been there twice, and both times were a nightmare. First time the girl was ten minutes late for my appointment because she was..."
- "In a rush I bought two Mariner MLB tickets for last nite's game thru SeatGeek-UberSeat. Great seats 32 rows back for about half price before I read the reviews..."
- "After just over a year of owning my laptop it went out in flames. It actually did. I was playing an online game when smoke and fire came out of..."
- "Jarrod Roth General Agent at Knights of Columbus complaint letters Knights of Columbus Washington State Insurance View attached PDF document to read a few complaint letters. These letters have been archived as public..."
- "Good deals on furniture, a decent warrantee, but BAD delivery. They must hire on-the-cheap, because these guys not only did extensive damage to my home, they could not even bring..."
- "I took my daughter and 3 of her friends to Sky Zone in Florence, AL. Before I attempted the Warrior Course, I asked the girl that was working the section..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."