Mastercuts - Blending balayage highlights
I went to get my balayage re-blended.I called first to make sure they could do it, drove the hour there, signed in, and sat for an hour, while 3 customers who had come AFTER me were taking ahead of me.
Then the stylist, Belinda, foiled my hair and put me under the dryer no timer set and took another customer. I ended up turning off the dryer myself because my scalp was burning from it being SO hot on my hair for the last hour straight. Once she finally came to get me, she washed my hair out and took me back to her chair and I was in shock, my hair was WHITE. I have VERY dark brown hair, to get my hair to turn even blonde is a struggle, which should help put into perspective how careless she had to be to turn my hair so blonde it was white.
She tried to convince me that it was a good color, but I was HORRIFIED and told her it needed toned to match my balayage (as if that wasn't what I was there for in the first place!). So, then she toned it, and did the same thing, no timer and took another customer. After sitting there for awhile, I HAD TO ASK ANOTHER STYLIST to check my hair, and she instantly became concerned and washed my hair out for me, while asking Belinda if she had set a timer and when she said "No that's why I wear a watch" the other stylist asked how long it had been on then? And she replied "Only 5 or 10 minutes" Which was NOT true, the toner had been on my hair for nearly 35 minutes at this point.
After the other stylist washed my hair out, I went back to the chair to get my hair cut, and Belinda let me sit with dripping wet hair for 25 minutes while she did 2 other cuts. As I sat, even with wet hair I could tell my hair was STILL not the color I wanted it but just hoped that once it was dry it would at least be close. It wasn't. My roots went from dark brown, to white, to burnt orange..
but to make it even worse, she had put toner on ALL of my hair, not just the part that SHE colored, and she DESTROYED my $300 balayage ombre. But it got worse... Ontop of all of that, I was also there for a trim. I asked to have 1/2 an inch taken off my length, and for my layers to be cleaned up a bit, and to trim up my side bangs as welll, I specifically said "But please cut in my layers and bangs, DON'T razor them, I do not like my hair razored!" Well, I bet you can guess what happened next!
She razored my hair. When I told her stop, she told me since she had already started she couldn't cut them in now and she would have to just razor it all. She did not razor my side bangs though, but after what she did to them I wish she would have. My bangs are cut all the way back into my ear.
She pulled my bangs to the opposite side I wear them and cut them, and then brought them back to the right side and cut them the opposite way. She cut them like I would think you would cut straight across bangs, but it was clear that I didn't want straight bangs, and that I had SIDE BANGS. She then cut them an an angle after she did the back and forth, and when they dried, they were above my eyebrow! I was on the *** of crying at this point.
I had very long hair, with a beautiful balayage ombre, that I LOVED, and it was destroyed. My hair looked frizzy and broken from all the fly-a-ways created from it being razored, and my bangs looked like my 2 year old nephew hacked them up with scissors. My ombre and balayage were TRASHED. I attached my before picture of my ombre/balayage and the after pictures of my cut and color.
I actually spoke to customer service, and Mastercuts sent me a giftcard with the $55 on it that I paid for my services, but that did not rectify the situation considering I had to pay $180 to get my hair FIXED and that $55 giftcard did not bring back the 5 inches in length I lost, or fix my bangs that will probably take at least 6 months to a year to grow out so that they then can be fixed. Not to mention, I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO A MASTERCUTS IN MY LIFE SO WHY WOULD I WANT A $55 GIFTCARD TO THEIR STORE??? They should have AT LEAST sent me MY MONEY back, not a giftcard that I will never use. Moral of the story, DO NOT GO TO A MASTERCUTS.
Pay a little extra, go to a private salon that actually hires reputable stylists.
Belinda was the WORST stylist I have ever met in my life, and her bedside manner was appauling.Worst experience of my life, I hope that the guest services department fired her!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "FYI: this is the Smartstyle in the Fort Walton Beach, Florida Walmart on Beal Pkwy. I sat down and was told to un-cross my legs, scoot my butt back in the..."
- "This is the second time i have given this school a chance. I wanted black and blonde hair. Result after 4 hours black with cotton candy blue. I had to..."
- "To start off the lady in charge came in and was not being professional by yelling at the stylists in front of the customers being very rude.... The girl cutting..."
- "...I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect anything great, however I got home and noticed blood on his ear this lady cut part of his ear!..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "I will get the point. 1. You take Elmer's Carpenters Wood Gue Interior16oz. - away. This is a great glue. 2. Replacement : Elmet's Carpenter Wood Glue ( MAX) Interior 16 oz...."
- "I go into the store at least 3x a day. I had to call about an issue that occured when I sent my 13yr old daughter instead. The employee I..."
- "I purchased a pair of Reebok basketball shoes for my daughter. She wore them for five practices, and they began coming apart at the soles. As a result, they were..."